Ask Larry


What Should I Do If My Benefits Have Been Suspended?

What should I do with my Social Security benefits were suspended and I didn’t get the paperwork for a redetermination for some reason?

Hi. There aren't enough details in your question for me to be able to advise you, but it sounds like your only option is to call Social Security and arrange to get any required paperwork completed.

Best, Jerry

Friday, March 4, 2022 - 11:29

What Can I Do?

They have cancelled my disability b/c my paper check got lost in the mail in December. I waited b4 I called as I was thinking it might just be late.

Wednesday, March 2, 2022 - 13:00

Is There Any Way To Get Social Security To Pay Me My U.S. Retirement Benefits?

Hello I have a question re retirement. I am a Canadian Citizen. I came to the U.S. 25 yrs ago and never returned home. I applied for a social security card and drivers lic. And was issued both documents w/c are legal as I never misrepresented my self or lied about my status. Over the years I paid my taxes religiously. I have also applied for unemployment insurance several times and was also approved and I have also received social assistance by way of SNAP food benefits.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 - 10:12

Is The Form I Received For My Son A W-2 Form?

Getting ready to file taxes for my disabled adult son who receives disability from the R/R i discovered opening the tax return document enclosed envelope, that there is a form stating payments by the railroad retirement board. I don't understand this form. Is this a w2 or what? I don't know how to claim his taxes with this document. None of the normal boxes have anything in them. only #3 has an amount and #4 is -0- and #5 has the same amount as #3 number 10 has an $ amount also, and number 11 is medicare premium total. Help. Is this supposed to be his w-2 ?

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 - 10:05

Can You Help Me?

I see Florida Medical Clinic..sun city center, florida. My medical gives sample.
My medical is for my Xarelto at 20 mg. The Florida Medical Clinic will not give the permission until the social security will give this medication to the Florida Medical Clinic. I need to take this for me because this is for my heart.
My name is Donna. please help me

Monday, February 28, 2022 - 12:33

Can We Suspend My Wife's Child In Care Benefits?

I filed for retirement benefits in August 2021 at 70. We have 2 children (11 and 14) who are eligible for benefits on my record and my wife is not yet retirement age, so the children are recieving the children's benefit and my wife is receiving the child-in-care benefit. The children's benefits and child-in-care benefit are of course reduced because of the family maximum. I am still working so we are in the 22% tax bracket now and expect to be in the 22% or 12% bracket after I stop working.

Saturday, February 19, 2022 - 17:29

Is There Any Way To Remove Zero Earnings Years From My Social Security Earnings History?

I was incarcerated for several years.. I have zeros for those years. Is there a way to remove those zeros?

Hi. No. Your Social Security earnings history will always display zeroes for any years in which you paid no Social Security taxes. You can't voluntarily pay Social Security taxes in order to receive additional Social Security credits or to increase your benefit rate.

Monday, February 14, 2022 - 14:13
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.