Need More Help? Try Our Expert Review!
Requires active Household or Professional subscription. More Info About Expert Review
Want To Purchase As a Gift? Buy a Gift Certificate
Gift Certificate For Household version (one year license)
Frequently Asked Question
If you are a current customer, you can purchase again to renew your access to the software for another year. As long as you use the same email at purchase (better yet, login before purchasing!) you'll keep the same account and have access to your existing data. There is no discount price for renewals.
Of course not. But we'll hang on to your data for a few months in case you want to renew and not have to enter your data again.
The expert review consultation includes a 1 hour phone call confirming inputs, reviewing and interpreting results, and exploring allowable what-if scenarios as applicable. The consultant will review your profile ahead of time and you can send a summary of your questions before the consultation. The consultation can also serve as a training session for professionals seeking to better serve their clients. This service is available only to customers with an active individual or professional license, and it should not be used for a renewal or the purchase of a new license.
Your license cannot be shared. Each planner in your firm that provides clients a Social Security maximization plan based on our software must purchase their own license even if plans are being produced centrally (e.g., by a single assistant in the office).
Your $40 license is restricted to your use only for your own household. If you have friends and relatives who wish to use the program or have you run it for them, please purchase a separate license for each household. Your license allows you access to the software for a full year from the date of purchase.
Maximize My Social Security is a separate, stand-alone program that searches over thousands of benefit collection date options to find the one that produces the highest present value of lifetime earnings.
Our ESPlanner products let you enter you own selection dates, but they don't internally calculate which dates are best.
Our MaxiFi Planner products do include Social Security maximization and additional retirement account maximization in addition to base personal financial planning features, though the reports regarding Social Security and filing option information is not as detailed, and the professional version of the product does not include the Longevity and Comparison analysis reports that are available in Maximize My Social Security.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) has four different calculators with varying degrees of accuracy from rough estimates to exact calculations of an individual's benefits. Their default assumptions include zero future inflation and zero future real wage growth. They calculate your benefits either on a specified date or give you three benefit estimates, at your earliest date of retirement, at full retirement age, or at your latest date of retirement. Some, but not all calculate surviving child's and surviving spouse's benefits and the Windfall Elimination Provision and the Government Pension Offset.
None of the SSA calculators identify the filing strategy that results in the maximum lifetime benefits. So the SSA calculators don't answer questions like these:
- For married couples, should one spouse file and suspend?
- Who should file for spouse's benefits?
- If you've already started collecting should you suspend collection and reinstate at a later date.
Our software calculates all benefits available to individuals and families except parents' benefits. We search across all filing date combinations to find the maximum lifetime benefit. This search typically looks at thousands, tens of thousands, and occasionally hundreds of thousands of possible date combinations to suggest the best strategy.
We follow best practices in the financial software industry to keep your data safe and secure.
- All communication between your browser and our servers uses industry-standard 128-bit encryption.
- Any data stored in our application database is secured using industry-standard AES-256 encryption.
- You can optionally set up Two-Factor Authentication (TFA) for your account to require log in verification by a code sent to your mobile phone.
- Your data is stored in data centers that are protected 24/7 with biometric checkpoints, video surveillance and other industry-standard techniques.
- We regularly engage third parties to review and test our application and server security.
- We don't require your real name, so you can run the program with any name you want, or even with no name.
- We don't require Social Security Number or any account numbers.
- We don't save or store the credit card number you use for purchase.