Retirement Benefits

Would Replacing My Two Lowest Salary Years With Higher Salary Years Increase My Monthly Benefit?

Hi Larry. I know a person's SSA benefit is calculated based upon one's highest 35 years of earnings (NOT adjusted for inflation). I plan to start taking my payments at age 70 but will continue to work full time through age 72 (health permitting). Presumably those extra two years of salary will be equal or greater than my current one, which is at the top of the value pyramid. Would replacing my two lowest-salary years (apx. $16K each) with the highest-salary ones (apx. $88K) increase my monthly benefit, or is it simply frozen at the point where I begin to collect?

Can I Assume That My SSA Estimate Will Be Accurate When I Apply At Age 62?

I retired in 2018 at the age of 57 , and I am only collecting a pension. I have a forty year work history that’s documented with the SSA. In my ssa estimate can I assume the numbers will be accurate when I apply for early benefits at age 62? I don’t plan on working ever again but I do have those 40 years paid into ss.


Is There A Way To Find Out What My Current Projected Benefit Will Be At Age 70?

I am collecting my SS from my wife’s benefit, using the Restricted Application strategy you recommend, letting my own benefit grow until I turn 70. Before I started collecting SS I would receive annually a letter outlining my projected benefit at 62, 66, and 70. Apparently you no longer receive that letter when you start collecting SS. Is there a way to find out what my current projected benefit will be at 70 when I switch to my own benefit. I have checked the SS website and it does not have that information in my account.


Will Returning To Work Impact My Current Social Security?

I am 79 years old. I am drawing about $2200 Social Security per month. I am going back to work. Will this impact my current Social Security?


Returning to work definitely wouldn't have a negative effect your benefits, and it could even result in a higher benefit rate if you're receiving benefits based on your own work record and if you earn more in a year than you did in one of your previous highest 35 years of wage-indexed earnings (

Can You Help Me?

I can get society security money because I having work enough so what can I do I been try and they told me I don't have enough pointi can work because I am too old. So can u help me


If you believe that you have sufficient work credits to qualify for Social Security benefits and Social Security is telling you that you don't, you can still insist on filing a claim for benefits. Then, if your claim is disallowed you would have appeal rights (

Is There Any Way I Can Get Credit For My Upcoming Q4 Payroll Returns?

Larry, I turn 70 on December 31 of this year. I am in the process of completing the application for retirement benefits, intending to submit online.
I am employed by my S corporation business and receive a W-2 earnings statement each year. I file quarterly payroll returns. My question is this: Is there any way I can get "credit" with Social Security for my upcoming Q4 payroll, which normally I would submit by January 15 - in this case, in 2020 which falls after I have turned 70 and have already applied for benefits?
Thank you!


Will I Lose Money By Waiting Until Age 70 Due To The Social Security Changes Occurring In 2021?

Hi Larry, I've been seeing various articles regarding the changes to Social Security benefits due to the FRA change that is supposed to occur in 2021. Is this true, will I lose money waiting until I turn 70 in September of 2021 compared to filing in December of 2020?


Hi Tony,

Will My Benefit Amount Be Reevaluated Annually To Include My New Salary?

I start ed taking my SS benefits at full retirement age. But i started a new position with a salary increase. Will my SS benefits amount be reevaluated up annually to include my new salary?


Yes, your Social Security retirement benefit rate can be recomputed following any year in which you have Social Security covered earnings. Your earnings would have to be higher than in one of your previous 35 highest wage- indexed earnings years in order to result in a benefit increase, however.