Ask Larry

Deemed Military Wages

Am I Able To Get $1200 For Military Service?

Am I able to get 1200.00 for military service ? Don't remember getting that


What you can get are Social Security credits called deemed military wages (DMW) of up to $1200 for each full year of active duty in the U.S. military from 1957 through 2001. These deemed, or extra, wages are then added to your actual wages for those years when determining your countable earnings for purposes of calculating the Social Security benefit rate payable on your record.

Thursday, August 31, 2017 - 17:00
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.