Am I Able To Get $1200 For Military Service?

Aug 31 2017 - 5:00pm

Am I able to get 1200.00 for military service ? Don't remember getting that


What you can get are Social Security credits called deemed military wages (DMW) of up to $1200 for each full year of active duty in the U.S. military from 1957 through 2001. These deemed, or extra, wages are then added to your actual wages for those years when determining your countable earnings for purposes of calculating the Social Security benefit rate payable on your record.

DMWs aren't real money and aren't actually paid to anyone, but they can potentially boost the Social Security benefit rate paid to military veterans. For more information on DMWs, refer to Social Security's handbook:

Best, Jerry