Representative Payee

What Can We Pay For Out Of Our Son's SSI?

My son just started receiving SSI. He lives at home with both parents. Received part of his back pay. We are using his money to redo his room (new bed, windows, flooring, lighting). Have used some for food and clothing. Do I have to keep track of spending the back pay?We don't charge him rent but can we use some of that money to help us out with our house payment? We don't have a heat pump, we use a wood stove for heat. Can I use some of his money to help us get the wood? If yes to these can I just write up a receipt?

When Will My Daughter Be Paid?

I just won my SSDI claim. I have one dependent. She is entitled to 50% of my PIA. My monthly payments are scheduled for the third Wed. of each month. My question is when is my dependent paid and do I need a separate, dedicated bank account for her funds or can I have them deposited into my bank account since I am her rep. payee. Thanks--Is there a SSA link answers this question? Please post if there is.


What Avenue Should I Take To Resolve This Situation?

I have an adult son (19) who receives disability benefits, he has autism. My ex husband went to social security and had his benefits placed in his name. I didn't fight it as he needed the money to provide housing for our son when he was with him. I keep our son the majority of the time now, he was keeping him half of the time, and I have asked the ex husband to help with some of the financial costs of caring for our son. He has not and will not give me any of the benefits to help support our son. What avenue should I take to resolve this situation?