Is There A Way To Use My Taxable Income To Increase My Social Security Benefit Rate?

Feb 3 2020 - 2:43pm

I am on long term disability and also receive some SSDI. Since I no longer been work, my future social security benefit is not growing. I do receive a W-2 and pay taxes, is there a way to have this added to my social security retirement calculations?


The only income that could potentially increase your Social Security benefit rate is earned income on which you pay Social Security taxes. I don't know what the income on your W-2 form represents, but it could only be used in the calculation of your benefit rate if Social Security taxes were deducted from the income.

Best, Jerry