Ask Larry

Is There A Form That Would Show How Much Extra I Could Receive With Military Credits?

My question is, is there any paper work that you can obtain from social security office on the break down of your entitlement of benefits, to include your extra pay that you may receive for your military service, if so, which would be the the best way to obtain this form from them.


I don't know of any such form or printout. In theory at least, Social Security could calculate your benefit rate with and without military service credits and prepare something manually, but I don't know if they'd be willing to do that. It would probably depend on what you need it for.

Best, Jerry

Feb 12 2018 - 6:21am
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.