If I Pay Child Support And My Benefits Are Improperly Reduced Do They Have To Pay Me Back?

Feb 7 2020 - 1:06pm

If I pay childsuport and I wasn't riposte to and it get drop do they have to pay me back


Social Security would only reduce a person's benefit to pay child support if they are ordered by a court to do so. If your benefits were garnished due to a valid court order, then you would have to work through the court in order to get that money back.

Best, Jerry