How Do I Start Paying Into Social Security Again?

Jan 2 2019 - 10:41am

I am a state employee 67 years old. instead of paying into the state retirement or social security my funds are paid into my deferred compensation account. How do I start paying into social security again?


You can't pay into Social Security on a voluntary basis, so the only way for you to earn Social Security credits would be by working for an employer where your wages would be subject to Social Security taxes, or by earning a net profit from self-employment (

Best, Jerry