How Do I Go About Suspending My Benefits?

Dec 8 2016 - 10:15am

I am writing social security to suspend benefits however the only address they list is for public inquiries and am unsure if this is the correct place and for email it said not to include a social security number, so not that and for online, suspending benefits was not one of the choices from their drop down menus want to make sure i do this correctly thank you once again


You can find the address of your nearest Social Security office using the following locator: That would probably be the best place to send a mailed request, or you can visit the office in person if possible. You can also request suspension by calling Social Security at 1-800-772-1213.

Social Security will need your Social Security number (SSN) in order to find your record and process your request, so if you send them the request by mail and don't include your SSN, you will at least need to give them your phone number so they can call you.

Best, Jerry