How Can I Make Sure That My Ex Is Not Trying To Mess With The Government?

Nov 6 2017 - 1:04pm

Hello, how can I make sure my ex is not trying to mess with the government claiming my 3 children and myself with the attempts to get disability so he doesn't have to work? We haven't lived there for years and he asked me to make believe that I was still living there in which of course I said most definitely NOT


Your ex could only get his own benefits if he qualifies for Social Security disability. However, there could also be additional benefits payable to his minor or disabled children in that event, so you may want to check with Social Security to see if they might be eligible for benefits on his record.

Best, Jerry