Does SSI Have A Program That Would Pay Someone To Take Care Of My Son While I'm At Work?

Nov 12 2019 - 9:02am

my son has ssi. He has physofrenia and is getting worse. my question is he's getting to the point where he doesn't want to be left alone. seeing and hearing things. Currently seeing a psych tristen and on medication. Do they have a program that pays for someone to takes care of him while im at work?


I'm sorry to hear about your son's condition. I know that Social Security, which is the agency that administers Supplemental Security Income (SSI), doesn't offer any programs that would pay a person to take care of someone who's receiving SSI, but I don't know about other agencies. You might want to try checking with the Department of Social Services in your area to see if they have any suggestions for you.

Best, Jerry