Does The Department Of Social Services Help Those Who Are Disabled With Any Types Of Assistance?

Sep 24 2018 - 9:19am

My question is. I am on full SSD due to two failed back surgeries. The Dr. S have told me I will eventually be in a wheel chair. With that being said. My monies from disability just barely pay my rent. This does not cover household products toiletries, auto ins. Electricity. So my question is , does the dept. Of social services help those who are disabled with any type of rent/ housing assistance? I live in New York State.


I'm sorry, but Social Security is my only area of expertise so I'm unable to answer your question. I'm sure that the Department of Social Services has programs that can benefit disabled individuals, but I have no way of knowing whether or not you'd qualify for any of those benefits. You will probably need to check with the Department of Social Services in your area to find out if they have any types of assistance for which you may qualify.

Best, Jerry