Do You Have Any Advice For Me?

Sep 24 2019 - 5:56pm

Yes sir I have left my dear sweet cheating lying husband almost a year ago I get SSDI and I get the lowest imagaginable @553.00 a month he makes over 10x the amount I moved out middle of October last year right after a massive heart attack ,after the 6th time of the same song and dance with the same person, yes there was an altercation and I was life flighted due to a massive heart attack and I died 4 times on the way to hospital ,I have severe nerve damage ,spinel stenosis, I have severe anxiety and depression PTSD ,epilepsy, chronic migraines IBD, AND OF THERE IS MORE .
Well the left side of my heart was 100%
I do not know what to do here in Missouri it is a no fault state which in my opinion is 100 % wrong
he has his 22 year old girlfriend living in my house yes I still say mine since my name is still on mortage address still belongings still there not much of my belongings have been moved because he says I cant go there he illegally closed our checking account witch monies were both contributed too .
And now is telling me to get the lawyer and get to paid for I get annually 6,636.00 annually I do not get any assistance, I try my hardest to this on his high and mighty tone like he has won everything and believes all marital assets there are already his ..
I am just so brain dead as of the circumstances.
I know you are a truly busy man, And I am sorry for bothering but I have no one to ask no one to talk to at all but my dogs and they aren't good listeners and yes I am wanting alimony /maintenance and a partial lump sum of the value of belongs since there seems to be lot of marital belongings disappearing my brothers 1911 45 pistol wood working tools new still in box that I have bought and he still has my clothes shoes
Thank you for your time

Hi Sarah,

I'm sorry to hear about all of the problems you've been having. Unfortunately, my only area of expertise is Social Security benefits so that's all I can try to help you with. You don't mention your age, but in order to potentially qualify for spousal or divorced spousal benefits you must be at least age 62. And, if you're still married your husband would have to be drawing his benefits in order for you to potentially be eligible for spousal benefits. If you divorce you could potentially draw divorced spousal benefits at age 62 or older even if your ex isn't yet drawing his benefits, but in that case he would have to be at least age 62 and your divorce must be final for at least 2 years.

Social Security does administer a needs based benefit called Supplemental Security Income (SSI), so if your only income is Social Security disability and you have less than $2000 in resources excluding the value of a home and one vehicle then you may want to look into filing for that program. For more information on SSI, refer to the following Social Security website:

Best, Jerry