Can I Receive A Lump Sum Of My Social Security Contributions?

Jul 4 2016 - 11:30am

i am 64 and curenntly on ssi i draw about 1500.00 a month. can I withdraw from the ss system and take a one time lump sum payment based on the calculations of how long I might live ? and or if that option is not available to me can I take a one time lump sum payment for either one year or 2 years to fund a lawsuit I am fixing to have to litigate ?


The answer to both of your questions is no. Even if you hadn't already filed, there is no option that permits someone to trade off the receipt of future monthly benefits in return for a lump-sum payment.

If you started drawing Social Security within the past 12 months, you can withdraw your application, but in that event you would have to pay back all of the benefits you've received to date. That would enable you to receive a higher monthly rate when reapplying in the future.

Best, Jerry