Ask Larry

Can I Collect My SS Without Any Deductions If I Was Born In January 1955?

I was born January of 1955. I work full time. Can I collect my SS without any deductions for also working full time?

Hi. Since you've apparently reached your full retirement age (FRA) of 66 & 2 months, you could earn an unlimited amount of money without losing any of your benefits to Social Security's earnings test. You could still, however, be required to pay income taxes on some of your Social Security benefits depending on your total income.

You may want to strongly consider using our software ( to fully analyze the options available to you in order to determine your best strategy for maximizing your benefits.

Best, Jerry

Aug 17 2021 - 11:22am
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.
$40 Annual Household License
$299 Annual Financial Advisor License