Am I Eligible for Any Other Benefits?

Jul 3 2016 - 12:45pm

I am 70 years old, disabled and get retirement from social security but not disability from social security. It seems I worked too long and was too stupid. I get the state of california paying my medicare premium and social security paying for me to get extra help with prescriptions. I am considered 145% below poverty level. Is there anything I can do to get addition social security money? I will be moving into a HUD housing facility next month. Presently I pay 90% of my social security check $1,303 for rent in Glendale, Ca. I will be paying 30% of $1,303 but I will still be poverty ridden, is there anything I can do to be more solvent?
Thank you,

All disability benefits are converted to regular retirement benefits at your full retirement age. So, your Social Security benefit is as large as it ever could be. You might be eligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI), see or call Social Security.