The most frequent cause of login problems is a browser plugin or add-on, especially ad blockers. Sometimes anti-virus software can also cause issues. As a first step in troubleshooting, we suggest temporarily disabling such plugins or software to see if the problem is resolved.
Once you've identified the problem plugin, you can typically "white list" our web site to prevent the problem in the future. You may also want to try a different web browser or computer to isolate the problem. Be sure to re-enable any anti-virus or anti-malware software you may have disabled while troubleshooting.
If you've tried the above and are still unable to log in, following are additional tips. Let us know if any of the above or below tips resolve the issue. Knowing what worked for you will allow us to better assist other customers down the road and improve our software.
- You may have some files stuck in your web browser cache. Please log out of the site, clear your browser's cache (sometimes called temporary files) and log in to the site again. If you need further instructions on clearing your browser's cache, see the links provided below.
- Some versions of Safari will have trouble logging in when in "private" browsing mode, please turn off private mode.
- Our site requires a browser feature called sessionStorage to be enabled, this can sometimes be disabled by browser add-ons or plugins like ad blockers. You may need to temporarily disable these plugins or adjust their settings to allow our site to use this feature, which may also be called Web Storage or HTML 5 Storage.
- Sometimes anti virus settings or network configuration -- including use of some Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) -- can interfere with login so you may also want to try turning off VPN, or using a phone on wireless, or a different computer on a different network to isolate the problem.
- If the above don't work, please try using a different web browser (such as Firefox or Chrome if you are using Internet Explorer or are using Safari on an iOS device).
Instructions for Clearing Cache
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache
- For IE, it depends on what version you're using. These are some instructions for Edge: https://answers.syr.edu/display/software/Clear+Browser+History+and+Cache...
- Safari: Open Safari Help and search for Clear History