Ask Larry

How Could I Get Social Security To Reevaluate My Benefits?

32 yrs of working, how could I get them to reevaluate my ssa, I made over a million in my years of working.

Hi. If you think that you were awarded an incorrect benefit rate and if it's still within 60 days of the date of your award letter, you could request reconsideration ( If more than 60 days have elapsed since you were awarded benefits, then you'd need to submit a written and signed request to Social Security asking them to reopen and recalculate your benefit amount ( You'd also need to submit any evidence that you think proves that your benefit rate is incorrect.

Best, Jerry

May 17 2022 - 12:38pm
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.