Can I Re-Apply If I Think My Benefit Was Miscalculated?

Apr 1 2017 - 6:15am

If I am already collecting soc sec, and I think it was calculated wrong , can I reapply to maximize my benefit?


You can't re-apply for the same type of benefit, but you could ask for a recomputation of your benefit rate. You'll need to submit a written request to Social Security explaining why you believe that a higher rate is due. Or, if you're still within the 60 day appeal period since your claim was processed, you can request an appeal (

Best, Jerry