Ask Larry

Will My Children Get Payments For The Months They Missed While Their Benefits Were Suspended?

Im a representative payee for my children's ssdi benefits they receive from their father and their ssdi benefits were suspended because the bank account that they were direct deposited to was closed and it took a few months for me to get a new account my question is will they get payments for the months they missed while their ssdi was suspended?

Hi. Yes. Benefits that are returned or suspended due to an address or bank account issue are reissued once the address/account issue is resolved.

Best, Jerry

Aug 16 2021 - 1:52pm
MaxiFi software running on a laptop
Get What's Yours!
Discover tens of thousands in extra retirement dollars with Maximize My Social Security software!
  • Find your maximized strategy
  • Unlimited what-ifs
  • Step-by-Step filing instructions
  • Our software's lifetime-benefit increase for an illustrative couple earning $65K each and planning to take retirement benefits at 62.

    Results will differ based on your specific case and filing strategy.

Getting Started is Easy
Web-based software. Works on ALL browsers. No download.
$40 Annual Household License
$299 Annual Financial Advisor License