Foreign Pensions

Who Do I Have To See About Adjusting My Payment Amount?


I resided in Canada for 33 years. When I turned 62 I applied for SS retirement. At the time I was receiving Canada Disability payments. So SS decided to claw back about $190. When I turned 65 in 2014 my disability stopped and I only received money I paid into Canada Pension Plan. SS told me let them know when I stopped receiving CPP. So now I am trying to get SS to give me my original amour of benefit which was supposed to be $690. They were only giving me $477. per month since 2014.

Is Social Security Correct In Reducing My Benefit?


Dear Larry,

Before I moved to the United States. I lived and worked in London, England until I was about 27(1972).

I have worked since then 100% in the United States. I began collecting Social Security the age of 70, and also found out that I was eligible to receive a UK pension around the same time. However, I received my US pension before I received the UK pension by about a year and declared my UK pension a few months ago(my birthday is July 1945).

What Benefits Can I Get if Most of My Earnings Are Foreign?


Hi, I write to you from France, where I moved at the age of 24. I have now lived half my life in this country and remain an American citizen. I have been wondering about my social security benefits. I worked on and off in the US from the age of 14 until I moved to France. I can't imagine I would have any retirement benefits, but would the meager amount I earned back then have been accounted for and what can I do to contribute to my American social security while living in France? Thanks, Kris