When Should I Take Social Security to Maximize My Benefits?
- Social Security is enormously complex.
- Making correct decisions will maximize your lifetime benefits.
- Choosing the right benefits at the right time can mean tens of thousands of additional dollars in retirement.
Maximize My Social Security helps you decide when and how to collect retiree, spousal, survivor, divorcee, parent, and child benefits to achieve the highest lifetime benefits.
Developed by Laurence Kotlikoff, Professor of Economics at Boston University, Maximize My Social Security incorporates all Social Security provisions and options for singles and married couples:
- Retirement, spousal, and survivor benefits
- Child, divorcee, mother and father benefits
- Social Security's earnings test
- Reductions for early retirement
- Re-computation of benefits
- Delayed retirement credit
- Family benefit maximum
- Windfall elimination provision
- Government pension offset
- Deeming provisions
- Adjustment of reduction factor
- File and suspend & start, stop, start strategies
Your results are being calculated.
In some cases our calculations can take 10 minutes or more to complete.
Please do not refresh the page or click on Calculate again or you may receive errors.